Pages

I am so excited for you to hear from Jessi today! Throughout the past couple months I've had the chance to read about her journey through the adoption process and her faith in the Lord to provide for what he has laid on her and her husband's heart. She is just the sweetest so I've asked her to share a bit about her experience. 





Hey y'all! My name is Jessi and I blog over at Mom in Training. First of all, I would like to say a huge "THANKS!" to Erin for trusting me with her blog today! It is such an honor to be here and to be able to share with all of you readers.

So. A little bit about me. I am a lover of hot beverages, cold winters, and all things food. I'm married and have been for 3 years now. My husband is an actuary [[a fancy term for "he works with numbers"]] and I am a homemaker//handmade business owner. My shop is called Fāyán Knits, which I opened to raise funds for our adoption. I felt my calling to adoption in the summer of 2009. I was on a trip to Southeast Asia and one of the places we stopped at was an orphanage. God just really opened my eyes and placed this tremendous burden on my heart for the fatherless. I came home from that trip knowing exactly what my "career" was going to be. I was going to be a mother.

Here we are, about 3 1/2 years later. We're still not parents, but we are on our way. We have met with our new adoption agency, and have started the mountain of paper work. We have also [[sort of]] started the process of fundraising. For those of you who maybe don't know, adoption is expensive! We're talking between $15,000-$25,000 for a domestic adoption [[that means a kid from the States]] and an average of $40,000 for an international adoption [[a kid from anywhere outside of the States]] I don't know about you, but that's not money we have just laying around. Fundraising is sort of awkward. I'm not the type who likes to ask for help on things, so to ask someone to give me money? Ugh....But, it's a necessary part of our process, so I just have to buck up and deal with it. There is so much more that I would love to talk about, but at the risk of being too wordy, I will cut myself off here.

If you have any questions about adoption, please email me! I would love to [[try]] to answer any questions you have. You can find me at fayanknits {at} gmail {dot} com
Again, huge thanks to Erin!
Much love,
-jessi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read and appreciate every single one.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground