Pages

phone free mornings

Tuesday, December 10, 2013


Lately, with all the things going on, my mind has felt a little tousled. There is always a million and one unread tweets on the feed, emails to read, and lets not even talk about instagram -- it's unending. 

Being connected on social media fuels me. I love the community I have on the web and the many women who are willing to speak truth into that medium. However, I realized lately that I have a limit. I crave flesh and blood time with the people in front of me and sometimes I need to step away from the screen. Anyone else?

I've started making a habit out of not checking my phone before I've leave home for the day. A sort of, "take back the morning" if you will. I want to lay in bed and watch the sun peer through our lace curtains. I want to get one last snuggle in before getting ready for the day. I want to drink a cup of coffee in peace and quiet. Just me and the mug. Maybe it's the season of advent or maybe this is just a phase. Either way, it's happening. And I love it. 

How about you? How do you deal with social media overload? 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for that one Erin. You have a way of listening to that "inner tweet" that is both wise and sound. I affirm your healthy balance of savoring community, and also savoring the moment. On one of your older blogs you shared the quote: "JUST TO BE IS A BLESSING, JUST TO LIVE IS HOLY." So bless the snuggles, and the new morning moments with your mug. aj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to say how precious the photo is.......................................xo, aj

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read and appreciate every single one.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground