Pages

november goals update

Monday, November 25, 2013


Well folks, we are nearing the end of November and with that comes a big fat turkey headed our way this week…doesn't that just make you smile??

I wanted to share an update of my Four Simple Goals I made for November since for some reason that's supposed to hold me accountable to them. Honestly, this month has been so full of developing new ideas and business strategy for the next year that I regret to inform you that the November goals ended up as more of an occasional guilty afterthought at the end of the day.

However, it wasn't a complete failure. I can say that my goal of working out twice a week did happen…once. And documented with one sad little Instagram of running shoes so you know I meant business. One thing I can say in my defense is that my job as an instructor at the Y happens to be a workout every day if you ask me. So there's that.

As far as cooking new recipes goes…that also happened…once. This past Saturday JT and I teamed up  on an Eggs Benedict venture that was so good I could have cried. It was part of the beginning to what is now deemed as the best Saturday ever. I'd like to think that we can credit that to the slammin hollindaise sauce that made me feel like there was potential for a Master Chef debut…but that's just me. Just so we're clear, the Eggs Benedict pretty much made up for the other three new recipes I set out to try. Because it was that good and I'm gonna be proud of that for approximately the next 10 years.

We've been so blessed this month by having some of our favorite people come and visit us and explore our little town. They have made this transition of the seasons one big blur of gratefulness for what we have and who we have in our lives. This newlywed time in our life is so short and sweet and regardless of whether or not I've written that down in a journal, the overwhelming overflow of love, grace and gratitude from the people we love and from each other  will always be etched in our hearts. This is truly a sweet spot, people.

How are your November goals shaping up?
I'm thinking I need to start working on some new ones for December. Which may just be a second attempt at finishing the ones I set out for this month…eh?

Happy Monday, all. Let's do this three day work week thing and keep our eyes set on the rest and feast ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read and appreciate every single one.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground