Pages

series #642 {episode 2}

Tuesday, January 15, 2013



Alright people...happy Tuesday. Above is your writing prompt for the week if you'd like to participate -- I hope you do! Link up your blog below, I can't wait to read yours!
Two people who hate each other stuck in an elevator for 12 hours...

My timing was perfect, as usual. I stepped into the elevator with full confidence I'd arrive at my desk in three point five minutes. I've timed it every day since I started. Before I could think another word...boom! Elevator's jammed. Ugh. I'm going to be late. Which is almost worse than being stuck in an elevator. And to put a cherry on it, I happen to be trapped in this square suspended space with the woman from the front office. Her disgustingly perfect blonde hair like ocean waves splashed over her shoulders. Not a thread of her fitted tweed jacket out of place as she turns that ostrich neck eastward to catch my eye. I can feel my face redden as I avoid her glare. "We're stuck," she says with that pipsqueak voice of hers. I don't acknowledge the painfully obvious comment. We are indeed stuck. In my living nightmare. Get. Me. Out. 

1 comment:

  1. I like your angle/perspective. I didn't even think of it. nice writing.

    I'm a bit late and a bit long. I wasn't even sure I should write in a specfic word count as last time though I probably couldn't have anyhow.

    hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read and appreciate every single one.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground