Pages

the overdue post about honduras and guatemala

Monday, May 27, 2013

Oh hello and welcome to the most overdue post of the century. Between this trip to Honduras and Guatemala a few weeks ago, a quick buzz over to California and all this wedding planning, time seems to be ticking by extra fast these days.

I didn't want to miss the opportunity though to show you some of these shots from our trip to Central America. This was primarily a work trip but I was lucky enough to be able to go back and visit most all the people who became my family last year while I volunteered down there at a children's home.

So here we go, in no particular order. And by the way, I can't take credit for most of these -- they were oh so graciously shared by other trip participants with far more patience than I have to carry a camera around.

>> Bridge to a village called "El Mango" where a church plant was started by a local missionary in the area. This is right outside the city of San Pedro Sula.

>> Lilian and Juvana, some of the younger girls doing a craft project outside.







>> Monica below is one of my dearest that I left behind in Hondo, she and her husband and baby live there long term now. Here's her in front of the school where she teaches English class 3 days a week. (And does an incredible job! This lady was meant to be here.)


>> The next two are just a little taste of Antigua, Guatemala. Cobblestone streets, old buildings..the city constantly gets built on top of itself. It's always a pleasant surprise when you walk into an average looking building from the outside and enter into a beautiful, spacious, green courtyard or restaurant. There's a best kept secret behind every door.




>>This is real life. Sometimes I stare out at the view and just can't believe it's not a movie scene. This place is gorgeous.


So there you have it. Just a little flavor of the trip. I don't want to abuse the fact that you actually cared to check these out and turn it into a "hey look at my florida vacation pictures for 3 hours" sort of deal. 

We were so blessed to visit as many schools and orphanages as we did and were so encouraged by all the work that is being done down there. It sure was a pleasure to visit. Maybe one of these days I'll have to grab that JT down there and show that man off. Until then...I'll be dreaming of another night in the jungle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read and appreciate every single one.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground